Wednesday, December 9, 2009

What a day yesterday was...

The day started out pretty normal, feeding Rylee, getting breakfast for Brikayla, watching cartoons with Brikayla etc. Well, Brikayla and I were putting together a puzzle in the kitchen, and I needed to change Rylee, so I left Brikayla sitting there at the kitchen table, went into Rylee's room to change her diaper and I was only in there for about 2 or 3 minutes. Well when I walked out of Rylee's room and stepped into the hallway by the kitchen I stepped in something a little sticky. So I looked forward into the living room and there was Brikayla with an empty syrup bottle holding it upside down over the couch. (Which had been about half full). I went and put Rylee down and looked in the kitchen - she had pulled the kitchen chair over to the cupboard and got the syrup out of there. I sent Brikayla to her room and started cleaning it up, I actually wasn't even that mad...just amazed by how curious she is and how smart she is to be moving the chair over and looking through the cupboards. At first I scooped up what syrup I could and then scrubbed the couch, but when it dried it was a little crunchy so I just took off the cushion covers and threw them in the washer - now its as good as new.

Well, I really had thought that was enough mess making for the day, but she had other plans. So Jay had gotten home, he was out snowblowing our foot of snow and I had started dinner. Rylee was sleeping and Brikayla was in her room watching Thumbelina, I thought all was well. So once dinner was done, I went to get Brikayla to come to the table. When I opened her door all I could smell was a horrible poop smell. So I look down at her big lion she has and he's now all brown, as well as her wall and her bed and her pull up was off but then she had put her pants back on...I just started bawling. I had already had a stressful day and this was just added on top. So i put Brikayla in the tub while I cleaned/disinfected her room. Then I finished bathing her and finally got to warm up and eat my dinner...

I'm glad days like these don't happen every day but now I wish I would have taken pictures, because it would have been a funny thing to look back on! Well, when something like this happens again, I better remember the camera. I love my little girls so much and look forward to many more good days as well as days like these that only make me stronger and give me more patience :)

2 comments:

Emily said...

YIKES!! What a little mess maker!! Hopefully you never have another poop accident like that again! And I hope the rest of your week is full of GOOD days!! :)

Dione said...

I remember when my son poured syrup on the carpet. The Edde's had rented a rug shampooer and they loaned it to me. I was so grateful since John was on a Scout camp out! But the poop thing would be more than I think I could handle! Have an easier day tomorrow!!!

Followers

About Me

My photo
Jay and I have been married since August 19 2005, and are loving every minute of it! My girls are growing so quickly, I can't believe I don't have a baby anymore! We love spending time with family and friends. Especially camping and fourwheeling and just being outdoors. I love scrapbooking as well, as anyone who has been to our house would know. We love taking pictures!