Monday, August 6, 2012

Update!

So I was thinking it had only been a few months since my last update on my girls, but it turns out it was clear back in October. My how time flies!!

Brikayla just celebrated her half birthday - can't believe she's 5 1/2! She will be starting school the end of this month which she is soo excited about! We've been going on family walks a lot lately and everytime we say it's time for a walk, she asks if we can walk to HER school. She's proud to call it that. She's going to be in all day kindergarten which I am excited about :) It will be great! She of course knows all her alphabet, and knows a lot of the sounds each letter makes as well. She can count to 100, has been doing small math equations and things like that, she is a little smarty!
She LOVED being in dance class! She was one of the best ones in her dance class when they had their summer recital. Not gonna lie, I cried when she was up there dancing. It was so awesome to see, I was so proud of her! During the month of July she also did princess dance camp which she loved as well!
Brikayla still loves to sing - she catches on really quickly to the words in a song. After a few times hearing it, she knows all the words. She is shy though, if you pay attention to her singing, so when you're listening, you can't look at her or she stops ;)
She and Rylee love to play house, sometimes one of them is a dog, and the other is the owner, most the time though, one is the mom and the other is the daughter. They even have names they use when they play - Brikayla is 'Sara' and Rylee is 'Nyla' and they really stick to it each time they play, it is quite hilarious!
Jay built the girls a playhouse in our back yard which they have just loved to have. They play house out there, bring out their pillow pets, they have pots/pans/food out there to cook meals etc. It is so much fun to have! My hubby is pretty talented!
Brikayla is still really outgoing, she makes friends everywhere and that is one thing I am excited for her to go to school for. I'm excited to see all the friends she makes, all the fun things she learns and the excitement she has for new things.
One thing she can't stop talking about is California! She is soo excited to go to Disneyland mostly, but she's excited for it all. Everyday she takes one piece of our Minnie countdown, she really can't wait! She's a little apprehensive though too, telling us she doesn't want to go on Tower of Terror or the Haunted Mansion, like she did last time, but I keep explaining to her that she's older now and it won't be so scary. We'll see how it goes when she goes on them again :)
I was watching a show the other day about this cute little girl Kenadi, who has Primordial Dwarfism (sp?). She is 7 years old, but is obviously much smaller than the average 7 year old. Well, Brikayla is 5.5 and taller than the average 7 year old! She is 46 inches tall! It's crazy. She wears size 13 or 1 shoes already. She's just like Jay!

Rylee is getting way too big too! She will be 3 next month! Crazy!! She asked for a Minnie Mouse birthday party this year, she is pretty much obsessed lately! We've started planning her party and I know it will be lots of fun!
She had tumbling class this summer and she had so much fun! She listened pretty well to the teacher, could do most everything that was asked of her and was so proud when her teacher told her she had big muscles. lol. She came right home and told Jay. :)
Rylee talks really well. She's pretty easy to understand for her age for the most part. There are a few things she doesn't pronounce quite right and it is just my most favorite thing! The best is "noo nacks" (fruit snacks). She also says "peep" instead of keep. Just like today. She was sitting at the table eating cereal and out of nowhere says "Mom, I want to peep my hair like this. I don't want a haircut, I just want to peep it long." I love it! Instead of picture, she says "shichure" which I love. She also uses a "sh" sound instead of her J's and a few other letters just like in "schichure" She calls our friends Josh and Erica "Shosh and America or Ayka".
Rylee's favorite thing to eat hands down are noo nacks.
Rylee loves to color, play outside, workout with me and play learning games on my kindle. She knows her alphabet, can count to 20 or more depending on the day and loves learning new things. It is so funny when Suzanne tries to say something is a different color and she corrects her. For example, awhile back Suzanne was saying that a pink balloon was blue, and Rylee would say, "no, it's pink!" and they went back and forth a few times with blue or pink, blue or pink and finally Rylee said "No, Grandma, it is pink, you need to learn your colors!" She is a feisty one! Definately little miss Sassy!
Rylee can't wait to go to Disneyland either, she is so excited about seeing Minnie! I'm a little nervous though, because when we were at Chick Fil A a month or so ago, the person in the cow costume was there and she FREAKED out hysterically - hopefully Minnie is a different story! ;) I'm hoping Rylee will grow four inches in the next month (ok, I know it's never going to happen) But I can hope right? haha. She definately takes after me in the height department! She's only 36 inches, and a lot of the bigger rides you have to be 40 inches to ride, maybe tall shoes and big hair will work?! :)
Rylee is much less outgoing, especially at first. She's really shy just like I am. Jay and I were talking about it the other day, and Brikayla really is just like him, and Rylee just like me. It's crazy how much they are total opposite but so much the same at the same time.
I love these girls so much. It is so fun watching them grow and develop. They are amazing little girls and they bring us so much happiness!!!
A few pictures from the last few months:









No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
Jay and I have been married since August 19 2005, and are loving every minute of it! My girls are growing so quickly, I can't believe I don't have a baby anymore! We love spending time with family and friends. Especially camping and fourwheeling and just being outdoors. I love scrapbooking as well, as anyone who has been to our house would know. We love taking pictures!