Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Rylee vs Potty

So about a week or so ago, we were at Walmart and Brikayla had to go potty. We went into the bathroom and while Brikayla was going, Rylee said she needed to go. I decided I’d put her on there just to see. She went! A few days later, again at Walmart, she did the same thing. Saturday we were at Chick Fil A and she just said “I need to go potty” and she did. Sunday we were at Red Robin and she did the same thing, 15 minutes later she told me she was poopy so I took her into the bathroom, but she wasn’t. I asked her if she needed to go and she said yes, so I put her up there and she pooped in the potty. I was really proud of her J All the while though, any time we were at home she would just pee in her diaper. I would ask if she wanted to wear underwear and she would say no, that she liked her diapers. She said big girls wear diapers. Well, yesterday she did the same thing when we were at Walmart. I asked for some advice on Facebook last night and mostly everyone said to just get rid of the diapers and put her in underwear. Today we started at 9:00. I changed her (hopefully) last diaper. Then I put her in 1 of 3 pairs of training underwear we have. I asked her every so often if she needed to go. Every time she told me no. Then, accident number 1. I explained to her there were only 2 pair of training underwear left. I put the second pair on her and continued with what I was doing. Accident number 2. I put the last pair of training underwear on her and explained to her there were no more. Continued what I was doing. She came running into me and said “I’m peeing Mom.” She had gone a little in the underwear, I put her on the toilet and she finished on the toilet. I gave her one of her treats and told her good job, told her to try to tell me a little sooner so she wouldn’t pee in the underwear at all. At this point the other 2 pair were still in the washer. So, I got out her My Little Pony underwear that Grandma had bought her and told her she couldn’t pee or poop on the ponies because they would be sad. She was asking if she could have one of her potty treats, but I told her they were only for when she went on the toilet. A little while later she came running and said she had to pee. I put her up there and she went! About an hour and a half later, same thing happened! An hour later she went again! I hear running and “I need to go potty, I need to go potty!” She made it! She ended up going 3 more times! 1 time she dribbled a little in her underwear, but made it to the toilet. So proud of her. I'd say day one of Rylee vs Potty, Rylee is the winner :) Tomorrow morning Grandpa Sphar will be watching the girls, so I hope she does as good for him as she did for me!

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
Jay and I have been married since August 19 2005, and are loving every minute of it! My girls are growing so quickly, I can't believe I don't have a baby anymore! We love spending time with family and friends. Especially camping and fourwheeling and just being outdoors. I love scrapbooking as well, as anyone who has been to our house would know. We love taking pictures!